Re: next steps

Hi -

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 04:34:11PM -0500, Jose R. Santos wrote:
> [...]
> >   ln ("cpu", cpu()) # cpu() to go into context tapset
> This would need to look something like this:
>
> function cpu:long () %{
>         [...]
>         THIS->__retvalue = task_cpu(current);
> %}
> right?  Seems to be working on my 4-way system.

Yes, or perhaps just smp_processor_id() if that were more general and
still safe.

> [...]
> >   ln ("jiffies", jiffies()))  # jiffies() to go into in timestamp tapset
>
> Just notice the availability of gettimeofday_(us/ms/s) on the
> timestamp tapset so I don't think jiffies are needed.  Either
> way, it should be quick and painless to implement.

Exactly.  Feel free to submit a patch for one or both of these
additions to the appropriate .stp files, and brief documentation in
src/stapfuncs.5.  I can commit them for you, or if you forsee becoming
a frequent contributor, you may request cvs write access.

That reminds me.  Time to add a GPL header to the tapset files.