Re: simple (dumb) script to track sizes of IOs

pbadari wrote:

> Here is a simple systemtap script to track the sizes of IOs
> that are getting generated (to the driver).

That's block i/o only right?

> [...]
> Is there a way, I can print in the order of IO sizes easily ?

There will be a way of iterating in a sorted order, probably
expressed syntactically like this:

# function report () {
#   foreach (ascending(io) in iosizes) {
#         if (iosizes[io]) # ...
# }

> [...]# stap -g iosizes.stp [...]

Your script does not need guru mode.  Merely reading $rq->nr_sectors
is fine without that.  You also don't need to check "if (iosizes[io])"
since zero-valued array elements do not appear in foreach()
iterations.