Re: R.F.C. Should we abandon User-land probes?

jamesd.wi wrote:

> [...] The only way I see that Systemtap can be useful with userland
> probes is to implement support for structs, unions and typedefs.
> [...]

Do you mean you want to build complex structures in your script?  If
so, what does this have to do with probing that targets kernel vs user
space?  Or else are you under the impression that systemtap can't
know/expose such structured data types present in the probed target
software?  Perhaps you need to pay more attention to the project
instead of chicken-little editorializing.