Systemtap on SuSE 9.3 or SusE 10

Is SystemTap usable on SuSE 9.3 or 10? I have downloaded the latest SystemTap CVS snapshot, and get the following errors:

./configure
[deleted]

checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for dwarf_getscopes_die in -ldw... no
configure: error: systemtap requires elfutils 0.115+

I found an rpm package on the net for the libdw.so for my SuSE 9.3 machine, but I don't remember where I found it.

Even after installing this library, I got compile errors, (unavailable at the moment)

I have another box with a fresh install of SuSE 10. Is there a cheat sheet for using SystemTap on SuSE 9.3 or 10, with prerequisites and step-by-step? Or is this not even a good idea to attempt?

Thanks,
Peter