Re: kmalloc size is too large

"Mao, Bibo" <bibo.mao@intel.com> writes:

> With new version systemtap-20051126.tar.bz2, when I test
> systemtap.samples/arith.stp, there will be such information and module
> fails to install. [...]
> the size of struct context is larger than 128K, so it can not use
> kmalloc kernel API.

How do you test arith.stp exactly?  The arith.exp was modified to
limit MAXNESTING to some lower number, which aims to limit the context
size to aim below the maximum.  Are you using that?

Given the "clever" link-time error message that this size kmalloc call
causes in the kernel, I can't think of a trivial way to tidy up the
error indication.