RE: jprobe question

>[YM] unwind costs too much time because it will create a
>switch_stack and unwind frame on the top of the stack. Anyway,
>I will work out a new patch using unwind.

Yes, I understand the unwind cost, but at the
same time hate quick and dirty way to store bsp
in the pt_reg reserved area. For now don't
worry about the unwind cost. Let's
push saving bsp patch separately later and at
that time we can optimize jprobes.

Also more comment before you cook up the new patch,
some people on ia64 mailing list don't like adding
asm volatile ("....") instruction in the C file.
If possible avoid this asm in the C file.

Post your new patch onto Ia64 mailing list and Cc'ing systemtap.

-Anil