Re: [patch 1/2] [BUG]kallsyms_lookup_name should return the text addres

anil.s.keshavamurthy@intel.com writes:

> [...]  Humm..This duplication of symbols in the kernel will be a
> problem for systemtap scripts, as we might end up putting probes in
> the unwanted places :-( [...]

Not at all.  Systemtap does not look in System.map.  It can qualify
function names with the compilation unit name to make unique the probe
target.  For that matter, it only uses /proc/kallsyms as a table to
drive the address-to-name mappings in debug output.