Re: Implementing a generic binary trace interface.

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

[...]
2) It does not limit the number or type of arguments that a trace
hook can have.  The current implementation limits you to 16 data
points of size long.

You might find that those fixed typing/size constraints are exactly what allows the Hitachi code to go fast.

- FChE

And I completely agree. My point is that such constraints should be part of tapset using the generic interface and not part of the generic interface itself. The other alternative is to have a different interface for each different tracing methodology which I think is redundant.

-JRS