LKML Watch

It was my turn to watch the LKML list for SystemTap opportunities.

I didn't see anything that screamed SystemTap to me, but here's one that
I thought might be applicable...

Subject: Size-128 slab leak
http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/1/30/387

This was followed up later by a patch to detect slab leaks.
http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/2/2/47

One could probably write a quick SystemTap script that does the same
thing as the given patch, without needing to recompile the kernel.
Simply put a probe on the point to instrument (within slabinfo_write)
and use embedded-C to walk the structures and report the same
information.

On a related note, it might be nice to put together a BKM for monitoring
the LKML, or at least hear others' methods for doing so.  I found it
difficult to sift through all the traffic, so I'm wondering how others
have been going at it...

Thanks,

Josh