Re: Summary of nightly tests 20060208

wcohen wrote:

> [...]
> There are some new failures when compared to the Feb 3, 2006 tests:
> FC5 i686, buildok-syscall.stp
> FC5 x86_64 buildok-syscall.stp
> [...]
> RHEL4-U3 x86_64: buildok-syscall.stp

I added "-u" to the buildok/syscall.stp test case, the effect of which
is to force each probe alias, function, and $target variable to be
sent right through to the compilation stage.

This was a shortcut.  I know some $target variables don't resolve
sometimes, and the test should still probably tolerate this.  My main
point with "-u" was to force all the auxiliary and embedded-C
functions to be compiled.  (After all, that is specifically mentioned
in src/HACKING as a testing desideratum.)  If the syscall.stp script
was expanded with just enough code to invoke said functions with
optimization (without -u), then -u could be taken back out.