Re: patch for module function probe

bibo mao :
If it is designed feature, then kernel.function("foo") will be regarded as module("kernel").function("foo"). But if there is one module named "kernel.ko", how to probe its function although its module name is weird? In another way to say what is the meaning of module("kernel").function("foo"), else stap manual clarify that module("kernel") means kernel image, user had better not use the same module name.

I tried and found:
module("kernel").function("foo") == kernel.function("foo"), which seems not appropriate.

I once thought module("*").function("foo") would be expanded as:
module("aaa").function("foo")
module("bbb").function("foo")
module("kernel").function("foo") // if happened to have a module named module which also has a function named foo
kernel.function("foo")

That is to day, it should first search all loaded modules for function foo, then at last it will also search kernel image for function foo. So we need to change the current way it works with module("*").