Re: adding statements in alias definition as epilogue

Hi -

> > You can have two alias definitions: [...]
> But this won't work either.  [...]

Indeed not, you're right.  OK, how about forking it into independent twins?

probe addevent.tskdispatch.cpuidle = kernel.inline("idle_balance") {
 log_cpuidle_tracedata(HOOKID_TASK_CPUIDLE, 0)
}
probe addevent.tskdispatch.cpuidle.backtrace = kernel.inline("idle_balance") {
 log_cpuidle_tracedata(HOOKID_TASK_CPUIDLE, 1)
}

This assumes that per-probe backtrace configuration makes more sense
than, say, a single global variable.

> [...]  So do we need the option to specify whether to put the
> statements in an alias definition as prologue or epilogue?  [...]  I
> am not sure if other people than me have this requirement too. [...]

It still seems like a big step to introduce this inverted data/control
flow.  We would have to consider composing multiple levels of aliases,
to make sure a programmer and a user can reason easily about what
should happen.