Re: [perfmon] Re: perfmon2 TODO list

Hi Will,

On Thu April 20 2006 11:22 am, William Cohen wrote:
> Kevin Corry wrote:
> > As I mentioned in my previous email, it seems like we ought to be able to
> > do just a little reorg, and provide an in-kernel interface that looks
> > pretty much identical to the system-call interface, and actually wrapper
> > the system-calls around it. Perhaps I'll give this a shot today or
> > tomorrow with a couple of the system-calls and send in a patch and see
> > what everyone thinks.
>
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Had a chance to see how hard it would be to provide an kernel-side ABI
> for perfmon2?

Unfortunately, no. I've been distracted by other things this week. And it
looks like Stephane already has some work in progress, so perhaps I'll wait
and see what he'll be proposing.

However, I did finish up the initial version of the test tool I mentioned a
couple weeks ago. I'll post that to the list in a separate email.

--
Kevin Corry
kevcorry@us.ibm.com