Re: [UPDATE] Linux Kernel Event Trace tool(LKET)

Nathan DeBardeleben 写道:
> I was trying to take a look at this. Now, I don't know much about
> SystemTap (yet) but I cannot seem to run this - while I can run the
> scripts from the tutorial, demo, and others that I've written myself.
>
> Using your README there's an example of how to run your scripts and when
> I do that, I get:
>> [ndebard@fedora64 LKET-2006-05-11]$ stap -e "probe addevent.* {}" -I
>> tapsets -b -M
>> semantic error: probe point mismatch at position 2 (alternatives:)
>> while: resolving probe point addevent.syscall.entry
>> semantic error: probe point mismatch at position 2 (alternatives:)
>> while: resolving probe point addevent.syscall.return
>> semantic error: no match for probe point
>> while: resolving probe point addevent.syscall
>> semantic error: probe point mismatch at position 2 (alternatives: cpuidle)
>> while: resolving probe point addevent.tskdispatch.ctxswitch
>> Pass 2: analysis failed. Try again with more '-v' (verbose) options.
>> [ndebard@fedora64 LKET-2006-05-11]$
> I get the same message on the other examples you gave in there.
>
> Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong, please?

I guess you are running LKET on the platform other than ppc64/i686,
right? So if you are using other platform, say, x86_64, LKET will
complain of not being able to find the alias definitions.

A quick fix to work for x86_64 is:
cd LKET-2006-05-11/tapsets
cp -rf i686 x86_64

Then it should be ok.

In fact, most of our development & testing is doing on ppc64 platform
and RHEL4. So LKET needs slight changes in order to work on all
platforms. This is one of the reason why I want to merge LKET into
SystemTap's tapsets library so that more people could contribute to it.

Let me know if you still have problems