Re: [UPDATE] Linux Kernel Event Trace tool(LKET)

William Cohen ??:
Li Guanglei wrote:
Li Guanglei ??:

I read through the LKET [ ... ]

-Will

Thanks for your tryout of LKET.

In fact, we usually use ppc64/RHEL4 u3 for development & testing. And although I did some tests in i686/RHEL4 U3 too, I am afraid it won't work as well as in pp64, especially in Fedora Core.

But I think this is one reason why we want LKET merged into SystemTap so that more people can improve it together.

Another point is that during our internal testing of LKET, we seldom use the -D ASCII_TRACE. It exists there only for convenience, but it is not so stable. So I suggest you should use "stap -bM ..." to generate per-cpu files and then use the tool in src/runtime/lket/b2a/b2a to convert into ascii format.

Hi folks,

BTW, I checked in binary2ASCII converter yesterday. I once let SystemTap build b2a converter by default, but after some considers I deleted it from SystemTap's makefile system. The reason is that I used a balanced binary search in b2a which comes from GLIB2. So now b2a depends on glib2 & glib2-devel. I think maybe it's not good to let SystemTap depends on a new package but I am not quite sure since the functionalities provided by glib2 is really useful. Any ideas?