Re: loc2-test and stap disagree with each other

> Indeed, eventhough the variable is in scope, its value is not available.
> I tried
> ./loc2c-test -k 0xc00000000036d048 prev pid
> loc2c-test: not accessible at this address

Please file a bug about systemtap giving you the confusing error message
for this.  It should say something clearer.

> It looks like a compiler issue, does it? I built my own kernel-debuginfo
> on a SLES10 box with gcc 4.1.0.

It is not necessarily any kind of bug at all.  Optimization may have made
the value unavailable at that PC location.  We'd have to look at the source
code and the assembly code and DWARF info it produced in detail to see if
there is anything more useful for you that the compiler could have done.

Thanks,
Roland