Re: Systemtap probe for Signals

Hi,

Beside the probe points in your tapset, I'd like to probe the following signal related kernel functions:

1. do_sigpending
It is used to suspend signals. Called by sys_rt_sigpending and sys_sigpending

2. handle_signal
It is called when the kernel want to invoke the signal handlers. Called by do_signal.

3. do_sigaction
It is called by sys_sigaction, compat_sys_rt_sigaction, compat_sys_rt_sigaction, sys_rt_sigaction, sys_signal. It is corresponding to the signal() and sigaction() calles from use app.

 4. sigprocmask
    It is called by sys_sigprocmask, sys_rt_sigprocmask.

And I found you put a point on sig_ignored. But I don't think sig_ignored is used to ignore a signal. It is only used to check whether or not a signal has been ignored.

And another comment is about signal.sendsig and signal.send_sig_queue. The difference between send_signal and send*sigqueue is that send_signal will alloc a sigqueue before adding a signal into that queue. But their intention are almost the same: sending a signal to a process. I am not sure whether we could combine them into one probe or leave it unchanged.

- Guanglei