Re: Systemtap newb having trouble getting it to work

Eugene (or any others who are willing to help me),

First off, like to thank you for taking the time to help me.  Now I
know what I need to do (get the version numbers the same).

However, I checked the link you gave to the mirror, and couldn't find
kernel-debuginfo-2.6.16-1.2122.  I couldn't even find anything 2.6.16*
that I could download.  I've been having this trouble for a while, and
I can't even find this version number on the internet anywhere.

In addition, after removing the kernel devel rpm and then typing "yum
install kernel-devel" - the default install version number that yum
wants to install is consistently 2.6.17-1.2174 _FC5, and I can't
figure out how to tell yum to chill out and just install a smaller
version (2.6.16-1.2122).

Let me know if you have any ideas on how to get these versions to
match.  If worse comes to worst, then I can always upgrade the kernel
to versions of devel and debuginfo that I CAN actually find on the
internet but.....I have never done this before and am not sure how to
go about it.  If it sounds like upgrading the kernel is the only way,
do you know of an easy way to get instructions on how to do this task
successful?

Thanks again,

--Tony