Re: [RFC] Proposal of marker implementation

Masami Hiramatsu <masami.hiramatsu.pt@hitachi.com> writes:

> I'd like to suggest my marker idea which I spoke in OLS.
> My idea is based on the "section" of elf binary and the djprobe.
> [...]

Can this approach could be made "pluggable" in the sense of
interchangeable with the other type at the call site?  Can you make a
version of these macros that adds reliable parameter passing?  Can you
outline a proof-of-concept of the probe that would use these hooks?
Is live activation/deactivation of the probes a problem on complex
hosts (smp / preempt)?