Re: djprobes status

Hi Frank,

We are continuing to work on djprobes.

The problems currently we are trying to solve is...

(1)finding the safe place to put probes
(2)unregistration of the buffer that is used as out of line execution
   under kernel level preemption(CONFIG_PREEMPT=y)

We have some idea to solve problem (1), and we are working on it.

Currently (2) is very difficult to solve. This problem is equivalent
to the problem of finding RCU quiescent state without rcu_read_lock()/
rcu_read_unlock(). We need to add a couple of primitives to find such
state. But it is not easy. We may be going to push djprobe without
kernel level preemption support like current kprobe-booster.

Satoshi OSHIMA