Re: Kernel hang with latest snapshot

Li Guanglei wrote:
David Boreham wrote:
I confirmed that a real machine crashes just as well a the vmware box,
but so far I don't have the serial cable hooked up to the machine.
 From the output that zipped off the top of the screen , the result
looked similar.

I will gather some more crash logs and open a bug.

David,

Could you tell me what probe points you turned on? I checked into CVS yesterday some bugfix for scsi and ioscheduler probe points. Basically it's a bad idea to visit members of a struct using pointers in embedded c codes, so I change to visit these members in stap script because the deref will perform runtime checking of invalid pointer access such as null pointers. I use two machine connected with a serial line so that I can capture the full oops text on another machine. I will test it again.

- Guanglei

Sorry, I didn't see your reply when I was sending this out. I will take a look at iosyscall.open.entry, and will check the remaining codes of potential invalid pointer access. Thanks.

- Guanglei