Re: Kernel hang with latest snapshot

:( I tried to probe using addevent.iosyscall and they seems well for me. My testing environment:
IBM T43 thinkpad with Pentium-M 2.0
Fedora Core5 updated to the latest
gcc 4.1.1 20060525
elfutils 0.124-0.1, rpm packages are from Red Hat ftp server
latest SystemTap
running command: stap -e "probe addevent.iosyscall {}" -bMv

You said almost every io syscall will crash the system, but I am sure it's not LKET problem. It should be some more low level problem, like runtime and kprobes. Could you tell me a little more about your testing environment, and more important, the workload you imposed when probing using LKET, so that I can try to reproduce the problem. One reason I am thinking my system didn't crash may be that my workload is not big enough and didn't get the potential problem exposed. Thanks

Hmm...I doubt its load related. The machines I've tested on have zero load.
On the quad zeon I did notice that it crashed only when I hit a key on the
console keyboard. Not sure if that's important. Let me try some more machines.
On vmware, it crashes immediately upon loading the kernel module.
The vmware machine I'm using is on AMD. I've tried a quad processor xeon.
I will try a P4 next. Possibly the issue is driver-related or caused by a particular
CPU type. My software setup seems pretty much identical to yours above though.