Re: marking tapset files

I like the idea of adding the comment. Mechanical enforcement would be even better. Perhaps a keyword at the top of the file that marks it as part of a specific tapset. Then stap could print a clearer error message if someone tries to run it directly. For example, if tapset "foo" is comprised of three files, then each of those files could contain "tapset foo" near the top. This would also make it clearer which files are part of multi-file tapsets.

- Mike

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
Hi -

If you recall, scripts located under tapset/* are like libraries and
not mainline scripts people can run individually.  This confusion is
biting several people.  Short of some sort of mechanical enforcement,
do you think it would be worthwhile to put an additional header comment
into all our tapsets, near the copyright header (which they all should
have, hint hint):

      /* This file is part of the tapset library.  It is not meant for
      direct execution, but only for implicit use by other scripts.
      See test case <FILE> for an example. */