Re: nfs.proc.open results in a kernel string copy fault

Hi Frank,

I got some more information about 2 hours ago on the serial-console. We got there a kernel-Oops as I already supposed. I will test a kernel without the fixes we have done, so that I can say it is not a problem of Systemtap.
Because I'm not at work tomorrow I will send this information on Friday, also I have to ask if there is some sensitive information in there before I can give more information (it is a Siemens product with some proprietary software parts).
The problem is also that I don't explicitly know if a patch from MontaVista causes the problems. But then it is work for their support ;-).

I'll keep you updated!

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
Michael Obster

Geschrieben von "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com>:

Michael Obster <michael@obster.org> writes:

perhaps someone can give me a hint. First of all I tried also the
snapshot 20070113 which did a complete system hang up. Using now the
old 20061223 snapshot.

OK. Please gather up some more of the information listed at <http://sourceware.org/systemtap/wiki/HowToReportBugs>.

As I have seen, there is a change in this file (snapshot 20070113).
But using the new snapshots hangs my system. Because I have no
console, I don't see whether the kernel gives me an Oops. [...]

Any possibility of a diskdump/netdump/serial console?

- FChE

-- mailto: michael@obster.org http://www.obster.org