Re: [Bug translator/4066] hist_linear() with large H value crashes system

Hi -

varap wrote:
> [...]
> >For the near future, RHEL and FC systemtap releases will each be
> >nearly-identical snapshots of the development tree.  [...]
>
> I think i understand but i wanted to make it more explicit based on your
> above answer, in every version of RHEL we will update entire SystemTap
> RPM set, including tapsets. Am i right?  What about ELF utils? Are we
> doing a whole sale replacement of the same?

In simple terms, I expect the pattern of the last year to continue for
the near future (another release or two).  As the tapsets are part of
systemtap, yes, the same applies.  I expect we will continue to bundle
elfutils on those situations/platforms where the system elfutils is
expected to remain too old (e.g., RHEL4).

This will probably change after we exit "technology preview" status in
RHEL.