Re: Target variable that was defined by our own kernel module

David Smith wrote:
John Liang wrote:
[...]
It looks if $myparm is a data structure defined in Linux Kernel,
It would compile and run without problem; but if it is a defined
by my own module, then it gave me a "unresolved symbol error for
$myparm".
Any suggestions to solve this?

Make sure the debug information is installed for your kernel module.

If it were a problem of locating the debuginfo, I expect that it wouldn't even resolve the function, right?

It still may be a case of inadequate debugging information though. Perhaps that variable got optimized away, or it may be one of our beloved problems with gcc.

Josh