Re: Fedora 7 based Systemtap LiveCD for i686 machines

William Cohen wrote:
Mike Mason wrote:

[snip]

The source is already in the debuginfo rpm. However, I don't know about getting the cscope information in there. It isn't in an rpm. Generating the stuff on the fly probably won't work too well either.

I don't see any source coming from the debuginfo rpm. Where is it located?

What I said wasn't quite true. The .c and .h files are around. However, the make and script files are not there. Take a look in /usr/src/debug/kernel-2.6.21 (or similar directory).

Oops, I forgot about kernel-debuginfo-common. That's where the source comes from.

I actually was able to do a "yum install cscope", then run "cscope -R" on the kernel source and it worked fine. All that running the live CD on a 512MB laptop. If there's room, can we add the cscope rpm to the live CD? We can just build the cscope database on the fly if needed.

Thanks,
Mike

-Will