Re: SystemTap on 2.6.23-rc8-mm2

Andy Gospodarek wrote:
On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 03:07:00PM -0500, David Smith wrote:
David Smith wrote:
Mike Mason wrote:
Just a heads up... I had to patch buildrun.cxx to get scripts to build on 2.6.23-rc8-mm2 (CFLAGS changed to KBUILD_CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS changed to KBUILD_CPPFLAGS). I've attached the patch below. I don't know when or if this change will go into Linus' kernel. I'm also not sure of the best way to ensure the correct CFLAGS are used in build_run.cxx (maybe check s.kernel_release?).
I've seen this also (and in fact I meant to check something in but got distracted by my other marker work). I believe my solution will be backwards compatible to 2.6.9 kernels - I've tested it on RHEL4 but I wanted to test f7 and RHEL5 to make sure I didn't break anything.
I tested this on RHEL4, RHEL5, and f7. It seemed to work correctly everywhere so I've checked my changes.

Interestingly I just pulled the latest sources and tried against Dave Miller's net-2.6.24 tree and I'm getting the following errors:

WARNING: ignored message of type 5

I see this message whenever I'm running a script and another module gets loaded. I don't think it's related to the specific script or kernel tree you're running. The staprun main loop is receiving a STP_MODULE message on the control channel and doesn't know what to do with it. I don't enough about the code to know why.

Mike