Re: patches to actually use markers?

* David Smith (dsmith@redhat.com) wrote:
> Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> > You have a good point for the syscall exit instrumentation : adding the
> > return value is trivial and would be very useful.
>
> I'm glad we agree that adding the return value is useful and trivial.

It is trivial in cases where it is already used by syscall audit.
However, on architectures not implementing syscall audit, we cannot be
sure it's been written on the stack by the assembly code, since it's
never used (and this code is often heavily optimized).

So I can add the return values for architectures supporting syscall
audit quickly, but a thogough analysis for each other architectures will
be required before we proceed.

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers