Re: Seen some problems with elfuitls-0.131 on x86_64

Roland McGrath wrote:
This is a systemtap issue.  dwfl_module_relocations is now 1 for the
kernel, not 0.  That's because we have a "relocatable kernel" on some
platforms, where a boot-time offset has to be added to static addresses.

I have not investigated 5483.

Thanks Roland for your reply. Could please clarify my doubt.

When we need to add a probe point to kernel, we check for relocation
information for it, through dwfl_module_relocations().
For a kernel which is built without CONFIG_RELOC option,there will be no relocation info. Hence I expect dwfl_module_relocations() to return 0.
(Please correct If Iam wrong)

But In my system with elfutils-0.131, Iam getting return value of dwfl_module_relocations() as 1.(Thats because mod->e_type is ET_DYN)
I think thats a wrong value. This is causing some bugs in systemtap.

Could please throw some light on this.

Thanks
Srinivasa DS