Re: Adding provide to systemtap.spec for systemtap-testsuite rpm

Hi,

William Cohen wrote:
> Masami Hiramatsu wrote:
>> William Cohen wrote:
>>> Some people may notice that systemtap-testsuite rpm does not install without
>>> "--nodeps" because systemtaptestsuite requires "stap", but nothing provides it.
>>> The one line patch add a provides to the systemtap rpm and allows the
>>> systemtap-testsuite rpm to be installed normally via rpm.
>> Instead of that, how about adding stap filtering rule to __find_requires macro?
>
> Hi Masami,
>
> What would be the advantage of changing the __find_requires macro? Allow
> systemtap-test rpm to be installed by developers doing testing of locally built
> systemtap without needing the systemtap rpm?

As far as I can see, the stap should be filtered out because it provided by
systemtap package and testsuite explicitly requires systemtap as below.

---
%package testsuite
Requires: systemtap dejagnu
---

So, anyway, developers can't install systemtap-testsuite without systemtap.

Thank you,

--
Masami Hiramatsu

Software Engineer
Hitachi Computer Products (America) Inc.
Software Solutions Division

e-mail: mhiramat@redhat.com