Re: gitified

"Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com> writes:

> Hi -
>
> As of this morning, we're using git as the primary source control
> system for systemtap.  Bits other than /src (/htdocs, ...) remain
> under CVS control for now.  Here are some hints for the simplest
> developer usage:
>
> # to start
> % git clone ssh://sources.redhat.com/git/systemtap.git
[...]
> # create private branches
> % git branch bazboo # implies git checkout bazboo

Are you sure?  As far as I know, you either have to

    % git branch bazboo
    % git checkout bazboo

or

    % git checkout -b bazboo

> % vi; git commit -a
[...]
> # other useful commands
> % git status
> % git stash
> % git diff
> % git branch; git branch -r
>

> - FChE

Also of interest might be the mighty git rebase.

Emacs users may want to check out git.el.  Distributed with the git
source, but we don't package it, at least not in F-7.