Re: gitified

David Smith wrote:
Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

Wenji Huang <wenji.huang@oracle.com> writes:

[...]
Just made a small change in scsi.stp and pushed it to remote
repository as above instructions.

Yup, the change came through in commit 10202d.

Very strange to found that there are lots of trivial mergering logs
from me, also others.  [...]

Perhaps you ran a manual "git merge" a few times between local branches unnecessarily. But I wouldn't worry about it.

I've noticed the same thing.  So, yesterday I started trying to use the
strategy outlined here, which is basically to use "git rebase" instead
of "git merge":

https://www.redhat.com/archives/cluster-devel/2008-March/msg00029.html

Got it.
Frank, David, Thanks!