Re: Release announcement suggestions for 0.7

Mark Wielaard wrote:
Hi,

I came up with the following as ideas for when we want to make a new
release. It should list all major changes since the last numbered
release (0.6.2) in March. Although I am sure I missed some things. And I
might have misunderstood some changes or made some mistakes trying to
summarize. So comments more than welcome.

I'll also add the changes to NEWS (if they aren't already in there, lots
of info actually came from the NEWS file) unless people point out any
mistakes.

I didn't really know what to put under Known Issues. Unless people can
think of some urgent things to list there I will remove that section.

I listed all the bugs fixes since 0.6.2, plus their resolution. But I
think I will remove the ones that are marked DUPLICATE, INVALID,
WORKSFORME and WONTFIX since they are probably not really interesting.

There are lists of test results (make installcheck) on various systems I
had access to. The 2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686 results don't look that good
though and are from a qemu-kvm instance. On real hardware I have not
been able to get a full make installcheck run because the machine will
randomly hang. Till now I have been unable to get to the bottom of this
issue (and strangely in a virtual environment everything seems fine).

Maybe we should include some results on other architectures so people
know what to expect?

Cheers,

Mark

The tests results for the syscalls use to be better (only rt_signal failing). Currently the following syscall tests are failing on RHEL-5 x86_64:

FAIL: 64-bit access
FAIL: 64-bit chmod
FAIL: 32-bit access
FAIL: 32-bit chmod