Re: Reduction of guru use in systemtap war stories

> I don't have good statistics on the break down of simple constants
> expressions vs. actual code in the macros. Most of the uses appear to be
> just simple constants.

Ok.  That's what I guessed.

> Running the kernel with -g3 to include macro information is going to make the
> debuginfo even larger. The debuginfo is already taking up too much space.

We'll have to see how it looks one day when we have DWARF compaction.
But yeah, it's big and seems impractical for the foreseeable future.
Especially when in most cases the macro source is already in kernel-devel
headers that we already have on hand without any debuginfo at all.

Thanks,
Roland