Re: [Ksummit-2008-discuss] Potential Systemtap topics for the Kernel Summit

Em Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 03:50:50PM -0600, Jonathan Corbet escreveu:
> On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 17:39:38 -0400
> Theodore Tso <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:
>
> > The bottom line is more communication between the kernel and systemtap
> > developers is a good thing (and getting more kernel developers to use
> > systemtap would be a good start).
>
> And that's perhaps the most important part of the discussion, in a way:
> how can we get rid of the wall between the kernel and systemtap
> developers and get everybody working toward the goal of solving this
> persistent problem?  If we can do that, the rest will work out.

Reducing the cost every potential user of the debugging information has
to bear just because it may need the insurance (DWARF -> CTF) probably
can also be an acceptance driver. And there are so many more cool stuff
we can do if we have type information always available... :)

- Arnaldo