Re: dump_unwindsyms crash

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
Hi -

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 03:03:18PM +0530, Srinivasa DS wrote:

I hit segmentation fault while executing systemtap tests on x86_64. section name(secname) was not verified for the NULL before dereferencing it in dump_unwindsyms() and hence the problem. Iam attaching the patch to avoid this problem.

The patch is fine, but I wonder how come you hit this situation. (It
hasn't hit any of my testing on fedora, rhel, ubuntu...)

Sorry Frank,
Few months back, I modified few functions in elfutils-0.128 like
dwfl_module_relocation_info() for debugging purpose but I forgot to remove it. Today I executed systemtap testsuites by using same elfutils package and hence I saw that error.
I will make sure from next time that I dont make such mistakes while executing tests.

Thanks Srinivasa Ds