Re: Regular git master HEAD testing

On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 23:48 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi Petr,
>
> On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 14:33 +0200, Petr Muller wrote:
> > 1) The distro where all this happen is currently RHEL5.2. I will try to
> > add Fedora too in the future.
> > 2) Architectures being tested are i686,ia64,s390x,powerpc64,x86_64
> > 3) There are no special configure options, except for bundled elfutils,
> > for which the source will be always the most recent fetched from
> > elfutils upstream. Currently it is 0.137.
> > 4) The build failure mails are currently directed at me, not this list,
> > because I'm gonna test this a bit more before I let some script spam
> > some mailing list.
> >
> > I hope this can be useful for you, please let me know, if you find it
> > needless, or things you would like or do not like.
>
> Was this how you found bug #6904 buildok/syscall.stp and
> buildok/aux_syscalls.stp started failing on ia64 and s390x?

Yeah, it was. Although I did the "which commit did that"  part manually
with git bisect. It would save me time if I looked at the commit log in
the first place :) Actually I'll probably add new commit logs to my
alarm messages.

> Then, sorry for breaking that on those architectures. But cool your
> autobuilder found it. Very useful.
>
> Could you show how the failure email looked?

Currently, it looks like this (it is just an output of deja-summarize
script, which is a blackbox for me, because it's in perl :)

REGRESSION INFO:
pass: buildok/aux_syscalls-embedded.stp:
fail: buildok/aux_syscalls-embedded.stp:
pass: buildok/syscall.stp:
fail: buildok/syscall.stp:

Filename: /mnt/qa/scratch/pmuller/stap-upstream-tester/Red Hat
Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)/ia64/systemtap.sum
PASS       :     517
FAIL       :      15
REGRESSION :       0
KFAIL      :       6