Re: Labrat reports for 2.6.27-RC snapshot tests

Hi Wenji,

On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 15:00 +0800, Wenji Huang wrote:
> In the future, we will do the same thing on 2.6.28-RC and find the
> possible regression.

This is useful. Thanks. If you could post such an overview whenever a
new rc comes out for 2.6.28 that would be really helpful.

There is some noise in the output because the script seems to not
understand some of the error messages when things fail. e.g.

   FAIL  -> N/A   test - systemtap.samples/gtod.exp(gtod (0))
   [...]
   N/A   -> PASS  test - systemtap.samples/gtod.exp(gtod (300))

It would be useful to keep either the kernel version or the systemtap
snapshot version constant between runs. It looks like currently both are
updated at the same time. Although it isn't completely clear, the
version is always reported as 0.7.1, it would be good to mention the
last git commit (as in stap -V).

Still, having this automated is much better than how I currently do it
by hand and then just grep through the log files to see what happened.

Do you have an overview "base run" against 2.6.27 final?

Thanks,

Mark