Processing argv

Ok so the announcement for release 0.7 says the following:

 - The vector of script command line arguments is available in a
   tapset-provided global array argv[].  It is indexed 1 ... argc,
   another global.  This can substitute for of preprocessor
   directives @NNN that fail at parse time if there are not
   enough arguments.
       printf("argv: %s %s %s", argv[1], argv[2], argv[3])

 For a full overview see the SystemTap Language Reference manual.

I cannot find an updated reference manual that gives a full overview.
This manual does not seem to cover it:
http://sourceware.org/systemtap/langref/

There doesn't seem to be a built in atoi. Is there an sscanf or an
intended method for converting strings to ints or do I need to roll my
own?

--Buddy