Re: RFC: ideas for release notes 0.9.X

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 02:20:50PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We wanted to push out a new (0.9.5?) release today/this week. I updated
> the NEWS file with some things. And below are some suggestions for the
> release notes. Please read through them and suggest additions/fixes.
> Note that there are a number of XXX in there that need to be
> replaced/filled in. I am sure I missed some cool new stuff, there were
> more than 225 commits since 0.9.

One aspect that may need a specific callout is the syscall tapset fixes.
Without that fix, many users may hit the problem of not being able to
trace syscalls on 'exotic' architectures.

Some architectures now use syscall wrappers (HAVE_SYSCALL_WRAPPERS).
The syscall tapset has been enhanced to take care of the syscall
wrappers in this release.

Ananth