This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug translator/10025] wildcards lose when embedded in conditional %( %) expressions
- From: "fche at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 18 May 2010 04:43:02 -0000
- Subject: [Bug translator/10025] wildcards lose when embedded in conditional %( %) expressions
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From fche at redhat dot com 2010-05-18 04:43 -------
> I thought about peeking ahead to the next token and merging them, but you also
> need to make sure that we don't merge them when they truly are two tokens, like
> "foo *" (which in a probe point should be a syntax error).
Maybe we can relax that 'should be a syntax error' thing and accept it anyway.
(This could be a stap version-sensitive parser change if desired). So the
idea would be to do token-pasting within parse_probe_point only, gluing
together tok_identifier / tok_keyword / selected-tok_operator into a single
synthetic tok_identifier for the probe_point component. If we want to be
selective to the presence of whitespace, one not-too-gross way may be to
have a new flag within tokens, set by the lexer, to indicate that some
whitespace was skipped since the last token. We'd stop the gluing upon
such a token.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.