This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug translator/11649] New: workarounds for incomplete kernel include/linux/events/*.h decls
- From: "fche at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 31 May 2010 14:39:48 -0000
- Subject: [Bug translator/11649] New: workarounds for incomplete kernel include/linux/events/*.h decls
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
Back in bug #9993, we've started handling cases where kernel header
files that declare tracepoints/events/whatnot are incomplete (such
as due to missing declarations of function parameter types). In
tapsets.cxx (tracepoint_extra_headers), we can opt to manually
include certain named kernel headers that complement the tracepoint
ones, which is useful if the kernel header goes unfixed.
However, the code is not conditional on kernel configuration or version, so
for example for 2.6.33+ kvm tracepoints, <linux/kvm_host.h> is needed in
the "they_live" list. However, this header does not exist on older kernels.
So we need to conditionalize the tracepoint_extra_headers() mechanism
(perhaps via individual runtime/autoconf-* tests), or find another type of
workaround for broken kernel headers.
Summary: workarounds for incomplete kernel
AssignedTo: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
ReportedBy: fche at redhat dot com
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.