This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug runtime/11759] New: use raw_* synch objects on CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT kernels
- From: "fche at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 26 Jun 2010 20:16:38 -0000
- Subject: [Bug runtime/11759] New: use raw_* synch objects on CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT kernels
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
There have been reported crashes/hangs with the ordinary
rwlock / spinlocks used by the runtime/translator in the
generated systemtap modules. Changing them all to the
raw_* variants makes stap work on preempt-rt. There may
exist performance/latency drawbacks to this transform,
but we can investigate those as data appears.
Summary: use raw_* synch objects on CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT kernels
AssignedTo: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
ReportedBy: fche at redhat dot com
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.