Re: syst

On 12/28/2010 08:12 AM, Fu Haiping wrote:
Hi,
I'm not sure I've sent my e-mail to the right address,but I encountered a problem when try out systemtap.If you know how to resolve it, I would really appreciate your solutions,here is my problem:
I intent to run a small script to test systemtap on my Fedora 14,but it ended with errors:

[root@forhappy server]# stap -e 'probe process("/tmp/test").function("main"){print_ustack(ubacktrace())}'

Unable to obtain private key from the certificate with nickname stap-server in /etc/systemtap/ssl/server.
(-8177) The password entered is incorrect.
make: *** [default] Error 1
Pass 4: compilation failed. Try again with another '--vp 0001' option.

looking forward your reply, many thanks in advance~!

Hello,

I suspect that systemtap is attempting to build the uprobes.ko module, since you are attempting to probe a user space process. When it does this, systemtap signs the module for the purposes of authentication, should this module someday be required by an unprivileged user.

It would appear that there has been some corruption in the certificate database containing the certificate used to perform the signing. Try the following (as root) to correct the problem:

  rm -fr /etc/systemtap/ssl
  /usr/libexec/systemtap/stap-gen-cert
  make -C /usr/share/systemtap/runtime/uprobes

If these succeed, then the uprobes.ko module has been built correctly and your systemtap command should succeed.

Let me know if you need further assistance,
Dave