Re: Patch: add systemtap-style marker to _Unwind_DebugHook

Tom> Here is an updated version.

Rainer> I'm fine with that version since it guarantees that it won't break
Rainer> Solaris bootstrap, as the initial one would have done.

Rainer> As for DTrace support proper, we can postpone that IMO.  To be
Rainer> honest, from my experience getting the libgcc unwinder to work
Rainer> with dl_iterate_phdr on Solaris 11, a single probe in
Rainer> _Unwind_DebugHook may not be enough, but it's certainly a start.

Yeah ... the motivation for this specific probe is that it lets gdb work
nicely in the presence of exceptions, nothing more.  If you want to look
more deeply into the unwinder itself, you may want more.

Rainer> Thanks, and sorry for letting the ball drop.

It is no trouble, this is waiting for Stage 1 anyhow :-)

Tom