Re: Segmentation fault of probed program during probing.

On 02/01/2011 12:08 AM, Daniel Fishman wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 23:53:56 -0800, Josh Stone <jistone@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> What version of elfutils are you running with?  We recently found some
>> issue with address calculations on prelinked binaries, which should
>> hopefully be fixed in elfutils 0.151.
>
> System uses elfutils 0.147. Systemtap was built with elfutils 0.151.
>
> Is it necessary to change system's elfutils in order to prevent the crash
> or is building systemtap with new version excludes possibility of the
> problem you are talking about (and therefore there is other reason for
> the crash)?

You built using --with-elfutils pointing to 0.151?  That should suffice,
but "stap -V" will tell for sure.

I'm able to reproduce it just now on Fedora 14 x86_64, stap.git and
elfutils-0.151.  Then I tried "prelink -u /usr/bin/find", and the
crashes went away, so it seems Roland and I will need to do more
analysis on the elfutils/prelink problem...

Josh