From: systemtap-owner@sourceware.org [mailto:systemtap-owner@sourceware.org] On Behalf Of William Cohen
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:55 PM
To: systemtap@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: interesting option of stap

On 02/16/2011 01:38 PM, Turgis, Frederic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I encountered build issues on ARM because compiler was emitting warnings, caught as errors through -Werror option. I related that to some omit_werror config option and finally to "stfu-kbuild-i-know-better" option (kind of hidden in the code through 6 "OWEx" macros). It is still present on latest code, is it supposed to be viable or some option I shall immediately forget ?
>

> Regards
> Fred
>
> Frederic Turgis
> OMAP Platform Business Unit - OMAP System Engineering - Platform
> Enablement
>

> Texas Instruments France SA, 821 Avenue Jack Kilby, 06270 Villeneuve
> Loubet. 036 420 040 R.C.S Antibes. Capital de EUR 753.920

Hi Fred,

In theory systemtap should be generating code that compiles without warnings during the module creation, but in practice we don't check things on ARM as much as we would like.

Could you include the error message output? Was the error messages due to headers outside of systemtap or were they the results of code generated by systemtap?

-Will