This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: stap results on powerpc on latest systemtap snapshot.
- From: David Smith <dsmith at redhat dot com>
- To: Srikar Dronamraju <srikar at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>, SystemTap ML <systemtap at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:15:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: stap results on powerpc on latest systemtap snapshot.
- References: <20111027080911.GA19468@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
On 10/27/2011 03:09 AM, Srikar Dronamraju wrote:
> Hey Mark,
> As promised, here are results from couple of runs of SystemTap on
> powerpc on the latest systemtap snapshot.
> Extra failures in the 2nd set of results are due to non-availability of
> Overall the results seem better than what I had seen before.
One note on these results:
This one has utrace/uprobes support.
Host: Linux trillian.ltc.austin.ibm.com 2.6.32-131.0.15.el6.ppc64 #1
SMP Tue May 10 15:44:09 EDT 2011 ppc64 ppc64 ppc64 GNU/Linux
GCC: 4.4.5 [gcc (GCC) 4.4.5 20110214 (Red Hat 4.4.5-6)]
... stuff deleted ...
UNTESTED: 32-bit access nd_syscall
UNTESTED: 32-bit acct nd_syscall
UNTESTED: 32-bit alarm nd_syscall
I'd guess those "UNTESTED 32-bit" results are because the machine
doesn't have a 32-bit development environment installed. Since this
appears to be a RHEL6 box, the following command should fix that:
# yum install glibc.ppc libgcc.ppc glibc-devel.ppc