This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: [PATCH 0/2] Userspace tap support for ARM
- From: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- To: Wade Farnsworth <wade_farnsworth at mentor dot com>
- Cc: systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 10:05:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] Userspace tap support for ARM
- References: <4EB2D832.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4EB2FB55.email@example.com>
On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 13:36 -0700, Wade Farnsworth wrote:
> Wade Farnsworth wrote:
> > This is a first pass at userspace tap support for ARM. Required are UTrace
> > support as well as Roland McGrath's tracehook and user_regset patches found
> > here:
> > https://lkml.org/lkml/2009/4/24/383
> Per Frank's request, I have set up a repository containing a kernel that
> may be used to test these patches. It may be found at
> This is a 22.214.171.124-based kernel from the Yocto project's beagleboard BSP
> (which provides the utrace patch) with the tracehook and user_regset
> patches committed.
Thanks for that. I see Yocto can be run under qemu, which would be nice
for testing things for those who don't have arm hardware. Are these
patches in any of the qemu based arm yocto kernel releases yet?